Entries by jonikidpt

10 Ways Occupational Therapy Can Help Regulate Sleep for Adolescents

Sleep plays a vital role in the overall well-being and development of adolescents. However, many teenagers struggle with sleep-related issues due to factors such as academic stress, digital engagement, and changing biological rhythms. The Occupational Therapists (OTs) at Kid PT can play a crucial role in helping adolescents establish healthy sleep patterns through targeted interventions. Parents […]

What is Occupational Therapy?

Occupational therapy (OT) helps people of all ages to improve their ability to perform daily activities, also known as “occupations.”  What does this have to do with children then? Well, what is the “occupation” of children?  PLAY! Occupational therapists (OTs) work with individuals who have conditions that affect their ability to perform activities of daily […]

, , , ,

Babies & Head Control: What to Look for & How to Help

How do babies develop head control? Babies have just spent 9 months growing and developing in the womb, where they were just floating around! As newborns, they are fully reliant on mom and dad to support where their bodies go and what they see, hear, touch and smell. With practice, new experiences, and time, babies […]

5 Top Tips to Bringing Your Best Game to 2023

Did you know that less than 25% of people keep their goals past the month of January? So what does this mean for the rest of the 75% of the population? Does that mean that we’re all unrealistic in our expectations… …not disciplined enough, …not motivated for the right reasons, …unwilling to make the “right” […]