http://jonikidpt.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/kidpt.png 0 0 jonikidpt http://jonikidpt.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/kidpt.png jonikidpt2021-08-15 09:00:002021-08-13 09:25:22Summer Buggin’ Moves
by Dr. Ali
This week we are going to get BUGGY! There are two different types of people out there, those who think bugs are really cool and helpful and those who think bugs are the scariest beings to walk on earth. Although bugs may not be some people’s favorite things, there are so many out in the summer, doing their little buggy jobs here and there. They are all so different from each other in shape, color, and especially in HOW THEY MOVE! Because of this, we thought it would be fun to bring you and your kiddos BUGGY MOVES this week!
The Butterfly Flap:
- Stand up tall with your “wings” (arms) out to the side
- Stretch your arms up all the way to the sky
- Flap your arms sideways and down until they are at your sides
- Keep repeating this until you have flapped your wings 10 times!
The Super Ant Pick Up:
- Fill up a laundry basket FULL of “food” (clothes, whatever works)!
- Pick up the laundry basket
- Carry the laundry basket all the way to your “ant hill” (your room)
- Make sure to tell your kiddos about how strong ants are and how much they can lift to inspire them to act like an ant!
- Repeat this 5 times total so your ant colony has enough “food” for the week!
The Jumping Spider:
- Start in a crouched position on the ground (hands and feet touching the ground)
- Scurry forward in this position and count to 1,2,3!
- After the count of 3, JUMP into the air JUST like a jumping spider does
- Repeat this 10 more times for 10 spider jumps!
The Scooting Worm:
- Lie on the ground on your tummy with your arms up next to your ears. Make sure you have enough space to travel in a long line on the floor and that there is no clutter in your way!
- Crawl your knees in, bent so that they get closer to your tummy. You will then be kneeling in a child’s pose.
- Slide your arms forward until your tummy is on the ground again!
- Repeat this 3 times, then turn around and come back to where you started.
We hope you enjoy these summer bug-tastic exercises! We know you are “bugging” out that summer is almost over (so are we) but we are trying to enjoy every last bit. Happy summer everybody (and every buggy), have fun squirming, jumping, and flying like our little friends do!